Last night I made the most delicious vegan tacos imaginable. A lot of you guys wanted the recipe, so here it is! It’s super easy to make and very cheap!
What you’ll need:
- 10-12 oz of packaged Vegan “ground beef”
- Shredded lettuce
- Vegan shredded cheese
- Seasoning (optional depending on if you’re using pre-seasoned protein)
- Diced tomato, jalapeno, onion
- 5 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Meet the Meat! I love using Beyond Meat beef crumbles since it is already seasoned, but I didn’t have any on hand, so I used Trader Joe’s “Meatless Ground Beef” and seasoned it myself (VERY tasty!)
For the seasoning you can buy packaged, or make your own!
1 tablespoon flour & cornstarch
1 teaspoon of: cumin, paprika, chili powder, garlic salt, onion powder
1/4 teaspoon of: sugar, cayenne pepper
- Heat olive oil in skillet and toss in the onions and jalapeno. Once the onions have browned add minced garlic cloves.
- Add packaged “meat” (with seasoning if needed) and 1/4 cup of water. Mix well until water has completely dissolved.
- Heat the taco shells in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Assemble taco. (Meat, shredded lettuce, tomato, cheese)
- Annnnnd you’re done. Enjoy!